Thursday, June 5, 2008

Oh, they make me laugh

Samatha has a memory like none other. It's actually scary sometimes and we've learned never to promise anything we may not follow through with because she will remember. Case in point, driving home last week Nacho and I were having a discussion about languages and about assuming certain people speak a language other than English. Sam pipes up from the back seat and tells that Isabella speaks English. I start wracking my brain for somebody she goes to school with named Isabella and I come up with nothing. Finally she says "remember Mom, Isabella is Daddy's boss. We met her once." Ok. We did meet her once, in November, for about 30 seconds. How does she remember this? The funniest part of all of it though? Nacho has worked with her for 10 months, each and every day and still calls her Elizabeth.

Alexandra has transitioned to a toddler bed and it's going great! The other night I hear wimpering from her room so I go in to make sure she's ok. This is how our conversation went:

Me: What's wrong sweetheart?
Lexi: Nothing
Me: Are you sure?
Lexi: I crying
Me: Why?
Lexi: Cause I sad
Me: Why?
Lexi: Cause I not ok
Me: Why?
Lexi: Cause I want to go to school

So I tried to explain to her again that she needs to start going on the potty to go to school and ballet. Since nothing has changed I'm guessing she's ignoring me or just doesn't care. Somebody else feel like trying to explain to her because she is still upset that she isn't going to school.

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

I'm am seriously cracking up at Nacho calling her Elizabeth. Too funny.

I hope Lexi catches on soon. So cute about her whimpering in her bed saying she's sad. Amazingly enough, Olivia begs me to go to school and dance. For months she would only wear tutus. Since she's only two, and a young two, we are going to try a summer dance class to see how she does.