Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's been awhile

I realized I've been slacking on my blog, but things have been crazy around here and not in a good way. I honestly don't have the energy to go into all the details right now, but we've all been on a roller coaster regarding my grandmother's (Nana) health. Halloween was looking very dire for her when she got rushed the ER because she was unresponsive, but by the end of the weekend looked like things were turning around, despite the pneumonia they deteremined she had. She was sent home earlier than expected from the hospital and into skilled nursing at her retirement community and things were going really well. That was until this past Sat. when things seemed to be going south again. We went to see her on Sunday and I'm pretty sure she didn't recognize us, even though she was thrilled to see people. And she wasn't making one bit of sense when she talked to us. The frustrating part (more for her, I'm sure) is I could tell she knew she wasn't getting out what she was trying to say. They started an IV because her labs (sodium in particular) were bad and an hour later it was like a whole new person. There had been some talk about readmitting her to the hospital if her labs didn't get better, but as of the last update she's still in skilled nursing, so that's good. She hasn't been eating for awhile now, so the IV is essential. But they can't keep the IV in forever and until they can get her eat something, it looks like it's she's going to stay on this roller coaster. Which means that all of us who love her will stay on this ride with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HUGS to you and my prayers are with your grandmother.