....no, I'm not nursing. I'm not sure when it became common place to ask just anyone if they were, but apparently it has. I don't mind if people I know ask (as long as I don't get the judgement), but when complete strangers do, it throws me for a loop. The thing that bothers me the most is the amount of distain I get from people when I answer them. This is my 3rd child, I've heard all the reports about it being better. I don't need you to tell me. And I don't have to tell you my reasons. Quite frankly it's none of your business. And when I tell you my child is sleeping through the night, please don't make the assumption that it's because he's formula fed. I have a friend who nursed her son up until his first birthday and he was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, so being formula fed doesn't have *that* much to do with it.
It comes down to this - I did what was right for me, my baby and my family. It's working for us, so don't knock it. And I have 3 healthy, beautiful children who except for the minor cold now and then, are pretty darn healthy and were all formula fed.
There are a few debates in parenting that I'll never get. The competition (for lack of a better word) between stay at home moms and working moms is one of them. Breastfeeding vs. formula feeding is another. Why is it so hard for mothers just to support eachother regardless of the decision we make, when on both sides the baby is just fine? In the end, isn't having a happy mom and a happy baby what's most important?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I totally agree with everything you said!!! Shout it out, sister.
Post a Comment