Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

We've some pretty interesting conversation in our house the last few days. Here are two of the funniest, in my opinion.

The girls and I were discussing their Princess sheets (what else would they have?) and I was telling them how much I liked them and I wished I could have some, but that I didn't think Daddy would like them. Lu was telling me of course he would and I should get some and Sam says the following:
"No, you can't have princess sheets because you and Daddy are a girl and a boy". She went on to list the following requirements*:
"If you're a girl and a boy and share a bed you have to have leaf sheets.
If you're a boy and a boy and share a bed you have to have tree sheets.
If you're a girl and girl and share a bed you have to have apple tree sheets.
If you're a girl and have your own bed OR a little girl you can have princess sheets.
If you're a boy and have your own bed OR a little boy you can have......"

She wasn't able to finish her thought before Lu started yelling "Spiderman, Spiderman. If you're a little boy you have Spiderman sheets." Guess I know what kind of sheets Jack should be expecting.

*no idea where she got the requirements or that she knew anything about boy/boy or girl/girl (although I don't really think she does).

-----------

The girls and I were discussing Jack's doctor's appointment and Lu asked me if he was going to have to get shots again and I said yes. She said what I thought was "I want to be a baby doctor". I repeated "baby doctor?" and said "No, baby talker. Somebody who talks to the babies when they get their shots so they don't cry." Aww. Sam then asks me if I want to know what she wants to be when she grows up, so I say sure. Her list is "a soccer player, an underwater swimmer player, a summer ballet player, a gymnastics player and a go to work with Daddy player!" She's going to be busy, lol.

No comments: