When I picked the girls up from school today, Sam came out a little bit upset and told me that one her friends had gotten sick and an ambulance came to get her. One of the moms (that volunteers in the classroom on Mondays) was outside, so I asked her if she knew what had happened. She said she didn't know, so I dropped it. Then one of the girls' teachers came outside andold me that they had a little incident at school and I asked her what happened. This mother turned around and said to me "I told you they don't know what happened." Um, excuse me. I wasn't talking to you. Plus, the teacher better know what happened at school. And I wasn't asking to be nosey. *My* child was upset and I needed to know some information so I could ease her fears and answer her questions. I should have known better because this is the mom that loves being in the know. And apparently this was good gossip to have?
I have enough on my plate that I don't need to know the gossip. But I do worry about my child and can understand why Sam was upset by it. Besides it being her friend and being naturally scared, our entire last week was spent going to and from the hospital because my grandfather is so sick (and Sam still having not been able to see him). Luckily the teacher had enough information for me to answer Sam's questions, which she did have quite a few of. And then the head teacher (who rode in the ambulance I guess) called a little bit ago to let me know that the little girl was in the hospital, but was looking good and she'd keep us updated. So that's good news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment