Jack turned 4 months old a little over a week ago and had his doctor appointment today. He's getting big, although not quite as big as we thought he'd be, given his birth weight. Today, he weighed 15lbs 7oz, was 25 3/4 in long & had a head circ. of 17.5 in. Ok, so his head is big - just like his sisters! What can I say, he comes by it naturally. He is actually pretty long and his doctor assured me that his less than expected weight gain was easily explainable from the stomach virus my poor little guy had last week. He's actually the smallest of the three at this age, which is funny since we was the largest by far at birth. But if he ends up long and lean like his sisters, it's not a bad thing. I will be interested to see if he stays on this same growth curve at 6 months or if the stomach virus really was the cause.
As far as the doctor appointment itself, it went great. Jack is reaching all of his milestones, some even early. He's still very strong for his age. Luckily, the flattening of his head had completely corrected itself, much to my relief! We got the ok to start baby food - we had already started rice & oatmeal and he loves both of them. He did get 3 shots, but didn't cry until the last one and even then it was only for 15 seconds. His legs are tender and I can tell he isn't a completely happy camper, but he's sleeping it off now, so hopefully he'll wake up happier.
He goes back at 6 months and I can't believe we'll already be through half of his first year. I seriously can't believe how fast the time is going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
They are getting sooo big and all are so adorable! I'm so glad that all are healthy and growing wonderfully!!! :)
He's just perfect, Jamie! Great pics.!
Post a Comment