At least for me. We just spent a fabulous weekend on the coast, although it may have been the last in the house my grandparents always so generously let us borrow. They have owned this house my entire life, an well before that, but decided to sell it this year and I believe the sale is now final. This is a house that I grew up going to - spending almost every 4th of July there as well as other weekend trips. And I was lucky enough that I was able to share it with my children and it truly has become a place they love. How awesome is to know that it was one of my first places after I came home from the hospital and that it's a place I was able to take my own children? Have I mentioned how absolutely generous my grandparents have been.
But now the sale is final and although it stayed in the family, I'm not quite sure that it will have the same "sharing" factor as it had with it's previous owner. I am glad that is stayed in the family and honestly the new owner does love it and will treat it right. They did go up there more than anybody else!
So this past weekend we signed up to go. The final weekend. And we were lucky enough that my best friend and her family joined us. It was so nice to be able to go and relax and catch up. And watching the kids all play together was just amazing. Our lives have gotten so busy with work, family and especially kids I think was a much needed trip for all of us. And I think we gave the house a pretty good send off, wouldn't you agree Jenn? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds the end of a fabulous era, Jamie! Glad you could enjoy the last "hoorah" with your friend!
Post a Comment