Saturday, February 20, 2010

And I Spoke Too Soon...

Just when I thought our week couldn't get worse, it did. And I'm having a really hard time finding the silver lining anymore! Thursday, Nacho emailed me to tell me he was feeling horrible, so I nagged urged him to make a doctors appointment since it seemed he was getting worse instead of better. He came and got the two youngest ones from me on his way home from work, since Samantha & I had something to do at her school and told me he had a 7:30pm appointment. I didn't even know they had regular appointments at that time of night, but that would have been useful to know earlier in the week. Anyway, when I got home he was complaining that his eye hurt, so I turned on the light and his eye was pink. He has pink eye! How did that happen? He is religious about his hand washing and he can't blame the kids. He went the doctors and was also diagnosed with an ear infection and a sinus infection. By the time he got home the pink eye had spread to the other eye.

The next morning, I left the baby home with Nacho, who had to call in sick, while I took the girls to school. When I got home the baby was awake....and his eyes were crusty, wet and swollen, but not pink. After a not so quick phone call to the advice line I was told to bring him in later that morning to be checked. And yes, he does have pink eye as well. Nacho and Jack were together for a total of 15 minutes on Thursday and they managed to share the germs. I also found out that while the ear infection that I knew about on Tuesday had cleared up, his other ear now had a horrible one that would require antibiotics.

So for anybody counting, that is 4 doctor visits in 5 days for us. Seriously, I think the pediatricians office is beginning to wonder about me. Because normally we are the family that only comes in for routine well checks and nothing more. And they saw me 3x this past week. I'm glad I went because it was needed, but I've seen enough doctors for awhile. And the way Jack is reacting to having t take the medicine we keep giving him, I'm guessing he has too.

Thank God this weekend has started out as a great one because I'm not sure how much more I can take. It's taking all I have to make sure the girls & I don't get this...and I'll be amazed if I'm successful in that. Knocking on lots & lots of wood right now......

No comments: