Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Customer Service or Lack There Of

So I've complained about our Dish Network customer service issues in the past. About how our DVR would freeze up and would occasionally erase all the shows we had recorded. About that time it did it the night we got home from a 10-day vacation. Time after time we called customer service and they gave us the most technical advice I've ever gotten (insert sarcasm) - "unplug it and then plug it back in." I was thrilled to read this happened to another blogger, Big Mama. Well not for her. For her it sucks. But it means we're not the idiots that Dish customer service people made us out to be. Long story short, after two years and getting new receivers that did the same thing, we eventually left Dish in favor of another company.

In the past week, I've gotten two phone calls from Dish Network wanting to know why we've left them. The first call was fine. It's the second one that reminded me why I hate their customer service department so much.

Dish: Hi this is (didn't even listen to his name) from Dish Network. We'd like to know why you decided to terminate your service with us.

(did you not read they 10,000 notes of all the calls we made complaining about the same.damn.thing?)

Me: Because our DVR kept erasing our shows and you were no longer wiling to help us

Dish: You mean we wouldn't help you learn to program your DVR to record?

(do they really think we're that stupid?)

Me: No, I know how to do that. It was erasing the shows we already had recorded.

Dish: It was erasing your shows? Wow, that's terrible.

Me: Yes, it was. And after sending us receiver after receiver, you were unwilling to help us unless we upgraded our package, which we weren't willing to do. So we left.

Dish: Yeah, that really sucks about your shows

*click*

Umm, did he just hang up on me? Guess so. And I'm guessing it's because they had no defense to that. At least the first lady who called apologized for it all.

1 comment:

Gween said...

picture me with my jaw hanging open.
what a jerk!

hope you're happy with your new service...here in good ole York we have 2 options.
Dish or Comcast.
um...I think I'd rather vote for the president. That's a much easier choice to make.