Or in this case, a Kindergartner.
(I need to preface this story by saying that one time when we stayed in a hotel (pre-kids), we turned on the tv to the Play.boy channel. Apparently, they gave the naughty channel away for free there. No, we didn't watch it.)
Yesterday, we bought a cheap waffle maker, which we tried this morning. It sucked. I guess a true case of you get what you pay for. Nacho started talking about wanting to get one like the one they had a hotel we stayed at, he thought for a wedding. So I start with his cousin's wedding, but he reminds me that was in a different city than he mentioned. So then I ask him "oh is it that hotel where there was free P-O-R-N?" He says no and goes on trying to figure out where it was he's remembering.
All of a sudden, this little 5 year old voice speaks up and says "Porn? What's porn?"
I reply with a very convincing, "I said park. There was a park down the street from the hotel."
To which she replies, "That's not what you spelled. You didn't say 'k' when you spelled that."
I've got to remember this kid can spell.
Oh and for the record, he took that trip solo for a funeral right after I had Lexi, so I was never going to remember the waffle maker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh no! HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, there are times that having a bright child is not as awesome as one would think. Let's hope she doesn't give her friends a spelling lesson with her new word on Monday! ;-p
This is why kids shouldn't learn to spell until they are at least 15. And I highly recommend the Krups waffle maker - we love ours!
Ha! Love it!
Post a Comment