Almost two weeks into the new year and I have nothing to say. That isn't to say we haven't been busy or that there isn't news to share, but some of that news isn't mine to share. Some of that news that started out as amazing has ended in heartache. And some is so mundane it doesn't really seem blog worthy.
After the excitement and highs of the holidays, I'm feelings sort of blah now. Not good, not bad. Just there. Any maybe that's part of the problem. I am at my best when I have something to plan, to get ready for - must be the control freak in me. And right now there is nothing to plan. Nothing new on the horizon for us. We're just here chugging along, doing all the day to day stuff. And I don't mean this to sound that I would change anything because I wouldn't. I love that I've been married over a decade. That we have 3 beautiful, healthy children. That we are living in a great house, in a great neighborhood. I mean, who wouldn't want that, right? But sometimes status quo kind of feels like boring.
I don't want to be in this funk. And I realize as we get back into our schedule, it's getting better. As the weather improves, I'm sure it will get even better. And as soon as I can start planning our San Diego trip, it will be completely lifted! Because actually there is a lot for us to look forward to this year. A lot of decisions that we'll be making. Most of it just seems so far away. Although given how fast last year seemed to go and given that we are two weeks into the new year, I should just enjoy this downtime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment