It feels like just the other day that I wrote about Samantha turning 5 and yet in the blink of an eye, here we are, already celebrating her 6th birthday. I was so full of worry then about her starting kindergarten, about her spending so much time away from me, about her growing up. And now, she is less than three months away from finishing her kindergarten year, a place where she not only met my hopes for her, but far exceeded them. I could not be more proud!
Samantha, this last year has been an amazing one for you, and it turn for me. I just can't believe how fast it went! You love kindergarten and are doing so well in it. You are reading and writing above grade level, you scored 100% on the mid-year math test and your teacher says you love school. I can only hope that you continue to have this kind of passion and drive in all you do. You are still doing ballet, but you have now added the school musical and cheerleading to the mix. We are busy, that's for sure.
We still have a test of wills, you and I. Probably because we are so much alike. You have a serious attitude, which are working on, but I hazard to guess comes with the age. Finding and pushing (a bit) those limits. But you are also amazingly sweet. You are helpful beyond words, loving and so understanding. I am so proud to be your mother.
It is hard to believe my darling girl, that it has been 6 years since you went from this
to this

Can we slow down the clock now?
Happy 6th Birthday Samantha! May your year be filled with love, laughter & fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment