Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Perfect Memorial Day Weekend With The Not So Perfect Ending

This weekend was going to be an easy one for us. One with no commitments and no real plans, except to attend the Giants game on Monday. Last Friday, I was in the middle of utter (but happy) chaos with the preschool's volunteer breakfast, some PTA commitments, followed by the big school's volunteer luncheon and early dismissal for all, when Nacho called me and wanted to know if we'd want to use his bosses' time-share in Tahoe for the weekend.

Um, yes!!!!!!

He was a bit shocked by my answer since my type-A personality likes to be able to plan things and this was going to be throw random things in the suitcase and hope I remembered underwear for all (I did, btw). As were sitting in holiday traffic, I was starting to regret my decision and silently wondered if staying home might have been the better choice. But then the traffic let up, we started seeing snow and smelling the crisp air and I knew we had made the right decision. I knew it even more when we pulled up to resort and I saw how gorgeous it was. And we were even spoiled to get a suite! We had a picnic at the lake, drove around the entire lake, went swimming and just enjoyed some quiet downtime as a family. It was a much needed trip for us. And come on, where else can you swim with snow-capped mountains in the back.

We came home Sunday and went the Giants game and even though they lost, we had a ton of fun. The girls got slide down the big Coke bottle slide, we finally got to walk around the entire stadium and Lexi got a bag of cotton candy just about as tall as she is! It was perfect.

It wasn't until we got home and were going to look at our pictures that we realized our camera was missing. With all of our pictures from the weekend (and some before that) on it. Nacho started beating himself up because he felt responsible, I started beating myself up because I had been to tired to download the pictures from Tahoe when we got home Sunday night. And I did the only thing I know how to do in these situations - I burst into tears. The most frustrating part is we know we had it when we got up from our seats, so it's between there and the parking garage we lost it (or possibly had it stolen in heard of us exiting the game), but we can't pinpoint where. The parking garage hasn't seen it and the park will only get back to us if they find it.

I woke up this morning with a different perspective on the situation though. I still hope somebody is kind enough to return it to us, but if not, it's just a thing. It's a few weeks worth of pictures in a lifetime of memories. And as I told Nacho, we came home with all 3 kids, so if we had to lose something, better the camera, right?....

And today we are on to more important things.....our little girl graduated from preschool today! Pictures to follow soon.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Bummer about the camera! But I'm sure the kids will hold onto those memories forever.(I still hope the camera turns up, though!)