Friday, May 2, 2008

Mom guilt


Why is that moms always feel guilty about EVERYTHING?? At the end of June, the ballet studio where Samantha goes puts on a huge production. This year we're missing it because of a trip to Boston. It took me forever to tell Sam she wouldn't be here for it, but the day they started measuring for the costumes, I felt I had to to tell her. So I sat her down and explained we'd be going on a trip and not here for the show. I was expecting tears and upset and all she said was "ok." So every week when the show has been discussed, she informs everybody that she will be in Boston and not doing the show. So why did I feel like crap again yesterday when they handed out the costumes? Miss Amy was nice enough to give Samantha extra stickers, which she was thrilled with. She could care less that she doesn't have a costume. So I have no reason to feel guilty, but I do. I know she's going to have a blast in Boston and she'll be able to do the show next year so it's not the end of the world. I just have to remember that.

2 comments:

Jenny B said...

She's as sweet as pie! Look at her! I'm glad she's handled it so well. That's great. And their is always next year. If she was totally upset, she'd let you know how she felt.

Christy said...

Awwww, look at that beautiful ballerina! I'd be feeling just as guilty even though it's pointless. Mom guilt is as natural and as inescapable as the need to breathe for all of us good moms. ;-)