Monday, January 12, 2009

A little taste of summer

If you're living in California right now, you wouldn't believe it's the middle of January - we're in the mid 70's today and it's just beautiful. After picking up the girls from school today I decided it was the perfect time to take them to the park and let them burn off some of the extra energy they've been storing up. It was so nice out and it reminded me of how our summers are. I used to be one that loved cold, rainy weather, but that was pre-kids when I could turn on the fireplace, stay in my pjs and watch movies/tv all day without any guilt. Now I can't wait for the warm summer days where we can get out of the house. So we've had our little taste of summer and I can't wait for the days where the sun sets later than 5pm and it's actually warm enough to go out in short sleeves. I'm sure they'll be here before I know it!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am SO looking forward to warmer temps!