Last night the Jonas Brothers made a surprise appereance in San Francisco. Except we knew about it advance, had been invited to it and declined. The weather was bad, it was late and the girls had school today. I don't think the girls really cared. My mom and stepdad did go however - no, they're not big fans, my stepfather had to work at the event. Talking to my mom and watching the footage on the news last night I'm so glad we didn't go. Those teenage girls are NUTS. I know it's not any different than any other large group, but it was still crazy to watch. They were only there for a minute or so, but these girls didn't care. They were falling over themselves because they got to touch them or see them.
My girls aren't at the point where they are into any one group that much. But I know those days are just around the corner and I'm not ready for the screaming crazy girl stuff. I know every girl goes through it - mine was NKOTB - and I remember hanging out with my best friend Jenn after an All-4-One concert (yes I'm old) to meet them. And I guess as far as a group to be obsessed with, the Jonas Brothers aren't a bad one. So far, they've proven themselves to be good role models, unlike their Disney counterpart Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, who is not allowed in any form in our house (yes I know we're probably the only parents with that rule).
But as it was I was already stressing about Samantha turning 5. Watching these girls last night, who were not much older than her just intensifies that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
We are a Jonas Brothers family too! I tolerate them so much better than some of those "others"...
All 4 One RULES!! You know you had fun getting home 2 hours after curfew just to touch them and get their autographs!!
No Hanna Montana here either. My kids are still into cartoon characters only at this point. I figure why not keep them little and innocent for as long as I can?
Post a Comment