Friday, April 3, 2009

I Need Sleep

I am so tired right now I can't think straight. I have been home a total of 3 evenings in the last two weeks - the others being spent at the hospital and taking care of my grandmother. Last night was one of those nights I was home. I decided to get to bed early to try to catch up on some much needed sleep. My children had had other ideas. Here is how our night went:
10pm - I went to sleep
11:45pm - Lu gets sick for the first time (which involves sheet changes, bath, laundry, etc)
1am - Jack wants a pacifier
2am - Lu gets sick for the 2nd time
3am - Sam wakes up with a nightmare
3:30am - Sam gets up and wants to know why Lu's light is on
4am - Jack wants a pacifier
5am - Lu gets sick for a 3rd time
6:50am - alarm goes off

If there is a silver lining to this, it's that my children are easily comforted - replace a paci, retuck in, etc. Unlike them, and my husband though, I can't fall right back to sleep the minute my head hits the pillow. Lu is home from school and seems to be feeling better, which I am thrilled with. However I was hoping to sneak a short nap with Lu in while the baby napped but apparently Lu has other plans because she's having a hard time sitting still long enough to rest. I'm sure I'll sleep sometime.

When I got to school to drop Sam off, there was a police officer in the circle telling us we couldn't stop there even though we have parking passes from the school saying we can. Luckily the teacher came out and explained to him the situation and he said we're all fine. But by then I was so flustered I walked away with the tution check still in my pocket - hopefully I will remember to give it to them at pick-up.

And I still have a very emotional meeting later today with a hospice nurse to discuss the options for a very dear loved one. I don't have the time or energy to update on this right now, but I will at some point.

I think I may need to pin a tag to myself that says "if found, please return to...."

1 comment:

Stacey Cannon said...

I'm so sorry...I have no words of comfort except to say "hang in there". I know it seems like when it rains it pours, but just keep focusing on the fact that there is always calm after the storm. I hope lil one is feeling better and back to normal very soon!! XOXO