
2004 celebrated Samantha's first Halloween. There was nothing more suiting to my little angel than to be angel. We went to my mom's this year, where Sam helped hand out candy to all the trick-or-treaters, which she LOVED. And knowing her Dad well, she hid all the peanut M&Ms under the skirt of her costume.


2005 brought us Halloween in the form a princess and very new, days old little pumpkin. Although, Lexi has now informed me that dressing her in pumpkin pajamas, despite the matchin hat, does NOT constitute a costume. This year we went out trick-or-treating with our friends Megan and Rick and their beautiful daughters Carly & Lydia.
2006 brought the first of what is sure to be many years of Disney Princesses. This year we had a Snow White & Cinderella. It was also the first year we did Boo at the Zoo...and we were lucky enough to be joined by our friend Karen and her daughters Elizabeth & Abigail. This also was the first year in our new house, so we went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood for the very first time.
2007 was our 2nd year doing Boo at the Zoo and materialized a Dorothy and Glinda the Good Witch (which yes, is the recycled princess costume from Sam's 2nd Halloween). By this time the girls were pros at the trick-or-treating stuff, but were still too little to make it much further than the block. Good thing our neighbors love them and always fill their buckets!
2008 was a hard Halloween for us. After attending the girls' first ever school parade, I got a phone call that my grandmother was unresponsive in the emergency room. After much debate back and forth (and MUCH understanding from the girls), Nacho and I finally decided that I needed to be with my grandmother. It was heartbreaking for me to leave the girls, but I also knew I'd never forgive myself if I missed the opporunity to say goodbye. Oh and did I mention I was 8.5 months pregnant? Nacho took the girls trick-or-treating and they seem to have had fun. And the best news, my grandmother is now fine. Well, not fine fine, but not at the point of needing to say goodbye.So that brings us to this year.....2009.....and my baby's 1st Halloween. You'll have to check back tomorrow to see a picture of them all dressed up and to find out what we did. That is if you care. But I can promise it will be great, since I feel like I have a lot of making up to do for last year.


No comments:
Post a Comment