Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moments Like This

I get asked more often than one would think how I do it all. And I never know how to answer it. I don't feel like what I'm doing is that hard. Maybe it's because each and every one of our children were planned, so we had already planned for the changes a new one would bring. Maybe it's because our children are just that easy. Maybe it's because I've found what I've always wanted to be - a mother to these beautiful children and wife to my life partner. Probably all of that combined.

But regardless of all of that, there are still days that are hard. That I question what I could have possibly been thinking. When I question my sanity in even considering the possibility of one more baby. When my children spend more time in time out then they do out of it. When the girls are fighting, the baby is crying and I have no idea what we're having for dinner even though it's 5pm.

And then that moment comes. That moment where it all falls into place and I'm reminded why I do this. Why it's all worth it. The moments that melt my heart over and over again. And it's even more amazing when it comes in a form you never expected. Which is exactly what happened last night.


When my 4 year old quietly walked up to me and whispered in my ear, asking if she could please feed the baby. And then snuggled him like there is no place she's rather be. It honestly brings tears to my eyes.

Here are some more of those moments....