Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Morning

I love Monday mornings. I know,that's odd right? But as a stay at home mom, it's my chance to regroup and get things back in order.

If you stopped by here on any given Sunday night, I probably wouldn't let you in my house. There are toys scattered all over the family room floor, dishes sit rinsed but not washed in the sink, laundry isn't done, beds may or may not be made. What you would find however is a family having fun and not worrying about the small stuff. And I wouldn't change any of that.

So I don't try anymore. I've realized that's what Mondays are for. Sure, we don't get to sleep in, but with kids I don't get to that any of the time. But the girls go off to school, Nacho goes off to work, Jack naps and I have time to put order back into my house. I don't deal well with clutter or mess and it can honestly cause me to feel overwhelmed. But with 3 small children and a husband who isn't bothered by it, I've got to figure out how to deal with it. And so I do.

So come Monday lunchtime, you'd be welcome into my house with open arms!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow, I could have written that word for word! As much as I enjoy having my buddies, big and little, home and awake, I really do savor that brief window of time on Monday morning when I can return the state of "their" house to how I want "my" house to be. Glad to hear I'm not the only one kissing my vacuum like a long-lost lover come Monday morning.