When I started this blog, it was right after we found out were were expecting baby #3 and it's purpose was to keep family & friends updated on the goings-on in our lives. Sure it was a place for me rant, but it was mostly to brag on my kids. And I love it that way. But there are times that I want to rant and rave and talk about more in-depth things. But I can't because people I know read this (or at least I think they do) and because I see them on a regular basis, I really can't gossip or complain about them or disclose too much of our personal business. Well, I guess I could, but it would make the next get together very uncomfortable for all us. Like right now, I am so incredibly irritated with someone that I would love to blog about it. While I'd love for everybody to tell me how right I am to be irritated, I'd also love the opportunity for people to tell me where maybe I wrong (because I have been wrong
And so where do I go from here? Do I up and change the tone of this blog and hope for the best? Keep it as is and keep emailing my go-to friend with every vent I have? Start another blog not linked to this one, which doesn't use our real names for all the "stuff" I want to share, but don't feel I can here? I honestly don't know. I don't think I want to change this blog because I am happy with it. I didn't start it with the idea of making money off of it....but wouldn't that be nice if I did? I heard Dooce makes $40,000 a month. A MONTH! But she disclosed some very intimate parts of her life to make it that successful, something I'm not sure I'm ready to do. And for the record, she didn't disclose that stuff to make money, making money came because she had disclosed it.
One of my problems right now is I don't feel I can be as funny as I'd like. Or maybe it's just as funny as I think I am because right now I don't feel like my blog is funny. I want it to be funny! And while kids are just naturally funny, I feel like I need to blog about other things. I read some really funny blogs and I want to be just like them when I grow up. If you want to know what I'm talking about, check out some of these hilarious women.....Shauna, BooMama, Brittany, Sue, Michel, Melanie, and the really great collaborative effort at Aiming Low. Please know if I didn't list your blog, it's not because I don't think you're funny. I do! I've got a list of all the blogs I love down the left hand side -check them all out.
So I'm not any closer to a solution than I was when I started writing this post. If I know me, it will remain just this blog because I'm too lazy to start another one and it would be too easy to trace back to me even if I did. I'll just have to try to figure out a way to add more of the other stuff I want to talk about and hope I can do it in way as to not offend those people near and dear to me. Much anyway.


1 comment:
I enjoy your blog, Jamie.
When I first started blogging, I wanted to be as quirky and witty as some of the ones I had seen. But when I started blogging from my heart, it was then that I found my true voice.
I'm not always charming or a riot, but I'm true to myself which makes writing and sharing my blog a joy.
Post a Comment