Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm Still Alive

But to be honest, it felt like it was touch and go there for awhile. What? Me, melodramatic? I think not. In all seriousness, I have been recovering from the flu and it was the sickest I think I've ever been. That doesn't bode well for a stay-at-home to 3 kids, 2 of which still had to go to school. Let's just say it was a long 2 weeks. But I'm feeling better now, so that's what matters.

Now I get to spend my time cleaning up the disaster that has become my house. I tried to pick up during the day at best I could, but when making lunch for my kids was a challenge, you can guess that not much got done. And who knew that my inability to clean up anything turned in the inability for anybody in my house to clean up anything. I can't be the only one in this house who gets annoyed by clutter. They must have known I'd recover though and that eventually all of their stuff would be restored to it's correct place. It hasn't happened without a bit of bitching on my part.

There were many things I had planned to blog about, but never quite got around to. So quick recap on Team Lua: Samantha did the school musical and it was wonderful! Being a diva apparently suits her, since one day when I took her over there she got out of the van and walked away, leaving the door wide open. When I questioned her about it, she looked at me and said "Mom, stars don't close their own doors." Yep, she's only 6. Lexi starts t-ball on Wednesday and is oh so excited for it. Trying to convince her that wearing her mit to school was in fact, not a good idea proved to be challenging though. And Jack is Jack. Into everything, cute as ever (and knows it) and talking up a storm, which unfortunatly, I understand very little of.

Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to talk about soon. For now, I'm just happy to be able to lift my head without feeling like it might literally explode.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Something interesting soon? Hmmm...I'm all ears! Can we get a hint? ;)