Well, the girl passed their levels at swim lessons today, so yay for that! Sam is officially a yellow otter now and Lu is a red frog! We orginally put them in the lessons for water safety -mostly for Lu who had no fear of the water. But something interesting happened during these lessons and it's like they switched places. Sam was our child who if her head went under water when she wasn't expecting it, would freak out and we'd have to get her out of the pool and calm her down, etc. Except one week of swim lessons and she doesn't care anymore. She goes underwater without a problem, jumps in from the side of the pool and resurfaces, and is actually learning to swim underwater. I'm amazed. And then we have Lu, who never cared if she went underwater and would just come up coughing and do it all over again, who suddenly has a fear of the water. I mean I guess that's what I wanted - some fear of the water so that she took it all seriously. But I was surprised by the change in her.
All in all though, they're both doing great! And I couldn't be more proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Isn't it funny how they keep us guessing? ;) Congrats on their progress! Mariah starts swimming lessons next month ~ she can hardly wait.
Post a Comment