Let me count the ways
* I can record shows that I can watch in peace AFTER the kids go to bed
* I can pause you to go change the load of laundry
* I can record shows for the kids for those time that Mommy needs 20 mins of quiet
The list could go on and on, trust me. So imagine my horror when our Dish DVR went out yet again. Finally having enough of the same issue and their crappy customer service, we cancelled our service and signed up with AT&T UVerse. They shut off our Dish on a Thursday and AT&T was supposed to come that Saturday. Except after waiting all day, the never showed. The hubby called over and over again just to be told they were running late and would be on their way. Finally at 5pm, after realizing we had been stood up, he called again - and was told they had overbooked and wouldn't be able to come until the following Saturday. Not a great start with the customer service AT&T!
But that meant an entire week without any television. How were we possibly going to survive? I'd like to think we don't watch that much tv because honestly how do I have time between catching up on blogs and wasting time on Facebook? Oh and raising 3 kids. But there are a handful of shows we really like and we were lost. Luckily, we did find that most were online, so it wasn't a complete tradegy. But no shows for the kids - that would certainly make for long days. And the first two days it did. But a really cool thing happened - they stopped asking for the tv, knowing it wasn't just me being the world's meanest mom. And they played. With eachother! And didn't fight! Maybe the two things aren't connected, but it was amazing.
But I was thrilled when AT&T showed up yesterday to set us up. Because I can only guess the novelty of our new found no tv freedom surely would have worn off by this week. Now if I could only get the hubby to put down the remote long enough to set me timers. Because I really can't miss another week of Army Wives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment