About a week ago, I emailed Sam's room parent wondering whether they were going to have a Halloween party. Earlier this week, she let me know that yes, there was going to be one, but that she was just going to ask the first 5 parents on her list to bring things and she'd hit the rest of us during the course of the year. No problem.
This morning at drop off, she tells me that there is one mom she's been emailing, calling, etc who hasn't gotten back to her and could I please bring the fruit. Of course I said yes. Which, since I have a baby who's feeling under the weather, meant I called Nacho and told him to pick up some fruit.
Fast-forward to 6:30 tonight. As I am a)making dinner, b) cutting up fruit and veggies for the party tomorrow c)making cupcakes for Nacho's work and d) trying to entertain 3 kids (ok and e) probably snapping at Nacho because I.JUST.NEED.SOME.HELP), the phone rings. It's our room mom and apparently the other mom just got back to her and of course is bringing the fruit. Now, I don't blame our room mom at all. She's got a thankless job and I know I wouldn't want to be the one trying to organize all of this. And if she weren't the one doing it, I would have been the one to sign up and I just don't have the time for it this year. Or the patience.
Guess those kids will be eating LOTS of fruit tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It is a thankless job but room mom should have told the other mother that you were bringing the fruit since she hadn't responded. Why should you be stuck with the extra? Ugh, I hate when people don't use common sense.
Post a Comment