Monday, October 5, 2009

Run For Our Money

In our experience, easy babies = hell on wheels as toddlers. Samantha was our "hardest" baby, if you could even call her that. I'm sure other parents would laugh at us because in all honestly, she was easy. But in comparison to her sister & brother, she was our hardest. Alexandra was easy. So easy. Unbelievably easy. To the point where I was scared to have another because I was confident we had used up all our good baby genes. And then she got mobile. While she was sweet as ever, she was into everything. Climbing on furniture, jumping off the couch. I even found her standing on the dishwasher door when I stepped away in the middle of loading it.

And now we have Jack. Seriously the EASIEST baby ever. Always happy, always smiling. Even when he's sick and/or teething, he's still happy. How we got so lucky with amazing babies, I'll never know. He's been truly mobile for a little over a week now (he was rolling for a month before that though). In that time he has learned to crawl, get up onto his knees, pull up to standing and get into a sitting position. He loves everything about it. Also, in that time he has managed to...

Get his hand stuck in the VCR - and pull the VCR off the shelf trying to free himself.


(I actually freed him before taking the picture)


He has found computer equipment his father was sure he had hidden well enough to not be played with



He pulls the receiver off the shelf daily.



He's pulled the fireplace door off it's hinges. It had already been tied shut at the top because Lexi was famous for pulling on the doors to. Luckily, the door didn't break.


He is nothing if not helpful though! He climbed over Nacho to "help" take the handles off the fireplace doors.


Obviously, we need to take another look at our baby proofing technique. Because I'm sure he'll manage to find more to get into than his sisters did. However, it was Samantha who managed to figure out how to open the cabinets in 30 seconds after Nacho and I spent all day installing those under the cabinet locks. So who knows?!

Have you ever seen somebody so proud of what he can do?

1 comment:

Stacey Cannon said...

He is so precious! You are so blessed to have such good luck with your babies!!!